Payment Gateway – 3d Secure Timing Out – HUGE issue

1xbet Melbet

BT-Hacking

Vip Persona
Реакции
Payment Gateway – 3d Secure Timing Out – HUGE issue

I seem to be qute proficient in finding issues that are (in my opinion) HUGE and yet are being mostly ignored by the companies associated with them. Last time it was , this time it seems to be an issue with online payments, 3d secure (Verified by Visa) and any customer of HSBC, First Direct, Nationwide (and any other bank who uses a 3rd party for their 3d secure offering).

I’ll start with the symptoms.

We had a call a few months ago from one of our largest customers, Milner Off Road. They get a large amount of online sales through their website and noticed that they were getting a lot of duplicate payments appearing, and they started to get customer complaints through about people “Not able to complete checkout” etc.

Nothing out the ordinary really, apart from the sheer volume these erroneous payments and customer complaints were flooding in. So, they asked me to Speak to (their Payment provider) about it, so I did.

I have tried to contact Arcot.com (one of the 3rd party providers of 3d Secure) but as im some dude off the street they shrugged their shoulders and told me that issues need to come from the banks not from the public. I have told my customers to contact their card issuing banks and explain the issue to them, I shall update this if I get anything back.

It seems that no one cares about this issue, no one wants to accept responsibility for it and it very much looks like the support systems within places like are simply not set up to (or Staff have been warned off) deal with issues of this nature. Every time I find and read a forum post or blog about it, the Payment Processor simply fobs their customer off with a “Oh your users are idiots” style rebuttal.

If you have had issues like this before then please comment below & together maybe we can get the people up top listening and get something done about this!

Its also worth noting that they are releasing 3D Secure V2 next year – It wouldn’t surprise me if this issue was known and they are just ignoring it whilst they make v2!

An hour later, and I was told by a member of staff at SagePay that the issues were down to;

1. Wrong card number being inputted.
  2. Customer pressing back on their browser and trying again due to lags/delayed page loading times.
  3. Customer reloading browser.
  4. Any old rubbish as long as it wasnt fault.
As this was the first time I had called them about it, I took the info, passed back to my customer and told them to monitor the situation and was hoping that would be that.

Unfortunately not.

My customer contacted me again a month later, more of the same issue but this time they had tried it themselves and have seen what was actually happening.

They added products to the cart, went to checkout, clicked complete which took them to SagePay.

They then filled their card details out on the first screen you get on the SagePay website, and clicked the button to take them to the Card Authentication part, it’s on this screen where 3d Secure is supposed to kick in.

NB 3d Secure is “Powered” by the card issuing bank not by your payment provider- so if you bank with HSBC, and you pay online, when you get to the authorisation stage HSBC are supposed to serve pages that contain the 3d secure module.

However, with a First Direct bank card (and it seems the same with many others) the customer is instead greeted with this

BT-Hacking

Vip Persona
Реакции
THis issue not for you , " "

kaspersky keys
Верх